Who We Are
CrossPoint strengthens the souls of Christian leaders and trains others to do the same.
Our Vision …
- To restore, re-shape, and revitalize leaders …
- By caring, clarifying, and coaching in matters of soul-care …
- For relational vitality with the Triune God and others in life and ministry …
- And training others to do the same.
Our Approach …
- Biblically-based … we believe Scripture presents a full-orbed understanding of the human condition and God’s provision for life
- Historically-informed … we believe the wisdom of God’s people in the past gives us insight into the nature of the soul’s transformation
- Psychologically-sensitive … we believe spiritual maturity is impossible without healthy development of the soul
- Relationally-centered … we believe the soul is formed and transformed through relational participation with Christ through spiritual disciplines and through the transformed and transforming presence of others
Our Ministry …
- Enneagram Profile
- Retreats (both on-going and one-time events)
- Personal Coaching
- Organizational Coaching
- Sabbatical Coaching
- Enneagram Intensive Training
- Soul Care Institute
Our Team …
Dr. Richard Plass – I grew up in Upper State New York. I’m married to Sallie and have six children. Maybe that explains why I enjoy going to auctions in search of antique early American art! My favorite sport as a kid was baseball and I was good enough to play it at Northwest College in Orange City, Iowa. I continued my education at Gordon Conwell Seminary and, after serving as a youth pastor and pastor of a college-focused church in Iowa, planted Peace Church in Frankfort, IL. In 1995 I left 25 years of pastoral ministry to pursue a doctorate degree in counseling. My desire was to help leaders not simply survive but thrive in the challenges of ministry. I founded CrossPoint ministry and for 15 years have focused on spiritual formation in the lives of leaders. After working with hundreds of leaders I am more convinced than ever that the most important thing any of us bring to life and ministry is our transformed and transforming presence. Let us know if we can be of any help to you. And thanks for visiting our site.
Jim Cofield – I enjoy riding in (and sometimes driving!) my wife’s convertible. I like detailing my Dodge Ram truck and because it’s black I have little time for other hobbies like golf! I was born in Chattanooga but spent most of my years before college in northern Canada. My parents served as missionaries to native Americans who lived in remote villages accessible only by small plane on skis in the winter and pontoons in the summer. Even as a kid I loved airplanes and so was very glad to get my pilot’s license at 16. After finishing high school by correspondence I graduated from Tennessee Temple University and taught in the communications department at TTU. I then earned a Th.M. from Dallas Theological Seminary and taught Greek there for three years. In the mid ’80s I left teaching to plant a church in southern Virginia. After nine years I accepted the senior pastor position at a church in the Chicago area where I served eight years before joining CrossPoint. It is a great honor to work with pastors in retreats and spiritual life coaching.
Joy Cofield - I love taking good care of my flowers, watching movies, and driving my convertible! My dad pastored several churches in the Florida and Tennessee while I learned to be the older sister of three brothers. I earned a B.A. in sacred piano at Tennessee Temple University and a M.M.in piano pedagogy from Southern Methodist University. We have been married 36 years and have a son, daughter and daughter-in-law (still waiting on grandkids!). I lead women’s retreats, the worship and a small group in our Deeper Journey experience, and spiritual direction with women. I also teach piano at Indiana University Southeast, both in the university and the Arts Institute. Because I was a pastor’s kid and wife I know the demands that ministry takes on families and mates. So if I can be of any encouragement and help I will be delighted to listen and learn with you.
In 2007 Jim and Joy joined Rich at CrossPoint ministry. Together they lead retreats, community experiences, counsel, and provide spiritual direction. They serve leaders who have more than 40,000 people under their care. With almost 50 years of combined pastoral experience between them, they know the pressures and demands of ministry and can offer the kind of care which sustains the soul of leaders.
Our Location …
- New Albany, Indiana (just across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY)
- However, we travel across the nation to host community and retreat experiences
- And we do a great deal of Personal and Organizational Coaching via Skype or phone